For 25 years, HMMH has been providing high-quality noise and vibration consulting services to the Denver Regional Transit District (RTD) since 1999. HMMH was a member of the Program Support Consultant (PSC) team for FasTracks, RTD’s 12-year comprehensive plan that included the construction and operation of 119 miles of new light rail and commuter rail lines throughout the Denver, Colorado region. Under this contract, HMMH has been providing RTD with on-call guidance and support on noise and vibration issues, including specialized studies, litigation support, technical reviews and educational seminars as follows:
- Conducted ground-borne vibration tests to determine the effectiveness of Tire Derived Aggregate (TDA, or shredded tires) as a vibration mitigation measure on the Denver Southeast (T-REX) Light Rail Corridor.
- Evaluated the noise impacts of alternative audible warning devices at grade crossings along the West Corridor light rail line.
- Provided litigation support to RTD on noise issues related to property acquisition for the West Corridor light rail line.
- Assisted RTD in the review of noise and vibration technical reports prepared by other consultants for the East Corridor, West Corridor, I-225 and Eagle P3 projects.
- Presented a number of seminars on rail transit noise and vibration to RTD staff.