Since 2007, HMMH has been providing the Port of Oakland aviation-related acoustical services for Oakland International Airport’s (OAK) noise abatement program. HMMH assists the Port with the following tasks:
- Quarterly Noise Reports per California Title 21 regulations.
- Technical Advisor to the Port for the Airport/Community Noise Management Forum.
- Developed and conducted “Noise 101” for the Airport/Community Noise Management Forum.
- Reviewed potential fixed noise monitoring locations in Berkeley, CA.
- Specialized noise studies of: proposed required navigation procedures (RNP), Federal Express retirement of Boeing 727 aircraft, proposed preferential runway use modification for North Field, and implementation of FAA’s Northern California Metroplex Airspace redesign.